Are you tired of dry, rubbery scrambled eggs on the keto diet? Then you’ve come to the right place! This article will show you how to make the perfect fluffy keto scrambled eggs with no carbs and a creamy, buttery flavor.
The step-by-step instructions will ensure this low-carb scrambled egg is always perfect. From whisking the eggs to getting the right consistency and cooking over low heat, we’ll give you all the secrets for a flawless, fluffy result.
Table of Contents:
What Are Keto Scrambled Eggs?
Keto scrambled eggs have the fluffy consistency you know from restaurants, without the carbs and unhealthy additives. Plus, you can make it yourself in just a few minutes.
What sets this recipe apart from others are few but quality ingredients. The keto scrambled eggs come without milk or unnecessary additives, drastically lowering the carbohydrate content.
Eggs are the perfect food for weight loss. In a randomized controlled study, people who had eggs for breakfast could stay full longer and consume fewer calories throughout the day than those who ate bagels.
The right eggs and butter guarantee a better taste than traditional recipes.
- Eggs: You can use any size of eggs you prefer. I use large eggs with 0.36 grams of carbs, totaling a negligible 0.72 grams per serving. For choosing the best eggs, see below.
- Butter: Grass-fed butter gives this recipe a full flavor. If butter is available, you can also use virgin coconut oil.
- Cream: Full-fat heavy cream made from hay milk tastes creamier and is the secret ingredient in this recipe.
- Seasonings: Add salt and pepper to your taste. I use pink Himalayan sea salt because it has more minerals and no additives. You can also use other spices like garlic powder.
How to Choose the Best Eggs
- Free-range means that the chickens are not kept in cages. But that does not mean that there are guidelines for feeding these chickens. However, free-range indicates better animal welfare, usually reflected in the quality.
- Organic-certified chickens are kept in coops and fed organic feed free of pesticides and antibiotics. They have access to the sun, but that doesn’t mean they can therefore go outdoors. Organic-certified farms are inspected for compliance by private companies contracted by the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE).
- Vegetarian-fed chickens are not fed insects. This designation may sound good but often hides feeding with genetically modified corn or soy. Chickens are omnivores like us and naturally eat grass, grains, and worms. The latter provides essential proteins. Vegetarian-fed chickens must be kept in cages to avoid consuming animals.
- Brown or white color does not tell you anything about the quality differences of eggs. The color of eggs depends on the breed. For example, my father keeps Olive Egger chickens that lay green eggs. They taste excellent.
What Can I Eat Keto Scrambled Eggs With?
How to Make Keto Scrambled Eggs
Check out the recipe box below for a full rundown, including ingredients, amounts, and temperatures. Here are the preparation steps:
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with cream, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the eggs and let them set over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn the eggs over with a spatula.
- Break apart and scramble the eggs until they reach the desired doneness.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Storing: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat leftovers in a nonstick skillet or pan in melted butter over medium heat.
- Cheese: Adding parmesan or cheddar is a keto-friendly option that adds a tangy flavor to the egg. Mix the grated cheese into the scrambled eggs as they cook.
- Seasoning: Add pepper or chili powder to taste. You can also add any other spice that tastes good to you.
- Garnishing: Serve the keto scrambled eggs with chopped parsley or chives.
Keto Scrambled Eggs With Heavy Cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- Beat the eggs with heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Pour in the eggs and let them set for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Break apart the eggs and stir.
- Garnish and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you eat scrambled eggs if you want to lose weight?
Homemade keto scrambled eggs are ideal for weight loss because they are high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Are scrambled eggs low in calories?
Scrambled eggs are low in calories if you prepare them without additives.
How many scrambled eggs can I eat for keto?
You can eat as many scrambled eggs as you want on keto if you prepare them without dairy and additives. It provides healthy fats and protein without carbs.
Are eggs keto?
Eggs contain healthy fats without carbs, which makes them perfect for keto.
Are bacon and eggs allowed on keto?
Bacon and eggs are an ideal keto meal. They are high in fat and have no carbohydrates.
Can you have milk on keto?
You cannot have milk on keto since it is mostly carbs.
Is egg yolk allowed in keto?
Egg yolk is great for keto because it contains all the healthy fats.
Mag. Stephan Lederer, MSc. is an author and blogger from Austria who writes in-depth content about health and nutrition. His book series on Interval Fasting landed #1 on the bestseller list in the German Amazon marketplace in 15 categories.
Stephan is a true man of science, having earned multiple diplomas and master's degrees in various fields. He has made it his mission to bridge the gap between conventional wisdom and scientific knowledge. He precisely reviews the content and sources of this blog for currency and accuracy.
Click on the links above to visit his author and about me pages.