Learn how to quickly make a delicious keto avocado egg salad with four ingredients that will keep you full for a long time.
What Is Keto Avocado Egg Salad?
Low-carb avocado egg salad is a light, delicious keto snack particularly low in carbohydrates. The salad is also ideal as a side dish.
If you always want the most important staples in your pantry, I recommend you print out my keto shopping list.
Is Avocado Egg Salad Keto-Friendly?
Yes, homemade egg salad with avocado is suitable for keto. It is virtually free of carbohydrates.
How to Make Keto Avocado Egg Salad
The base for this recipe is the perfect hard-boiled eggs. No matter how you cook the eggs, please place them in a bowl of ice-cold water immediately afterward. This way, you stop the cooking process and prevent the yolks from turning green.
Two methods make hard-boiled eggs quick and delicious:
- Microwave hard-boiled eggs: Place the eggs in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with cold water. Microwave the eggs on high for 6 to 8 minutes. Then immediately place the eggs in a large bowl filled with ice water to cool.
- Hard-boil eggs in a pot: Place the eggs in a pot. Pour cold water into the pot until the water covers the eggs by an inch. Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the hot water and plunge them into a bowl of ice water to cool them quickly and stop the cooking process.
Tip: If you peel the eggs while they are still in the cold water, it will be easier to remove the shell.
Now you can prepare the salad in no time. Dice the eggs and avocados with a kitchen knife. Chop the red onion finely.
Then mix the avocados and onion in a bowl and add the lime juice. Once this base is mixed, gently fold in the diced eggs.
Now you can season the avocado and egg salad with pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste and serve.
Keto Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 Avocados
- 8 Eggs hard-boiled
- 3 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Red Onion small
- Dice avocados with a knife or coarsely mash with a blender.
- Finely chop the red onion and mix with the lime juice until everything is well mixed.
- Then dice hard-boiled eggs and gently fold in. Then season to taste with Himalayan salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in an egg salad with avocado?
One serving of avocado egg salad has less than 3 g of carbs.
Is avocado good for the keto diet?
Avocado is ideal for the keto diet because of its healthy fats.
Can you have avocado on keto egg fast?
Avocados are not allowed on the egg fast, even though they are ideal for keto.
Is guacamole good for keto?
Guacamole is good for the ketogenic diet.
Stephan is a writer and a true man of science, holding multiple diplomas and master's degrees in different research areas. His greatest passion is closing the gap between the conventional perception of health and the latest scientific evidence – always following the data.